Tomorrow morning, Wednesday-July 13th, a wonderful fund raiser is taking place and I am honored to be a part of it! For quite some time now, I have worked with the Breeders’ Cup on behalf of the V FOUNDATION for Cancer Research. I am proud to say, very proud, that as of June 30, 2011, I HAVE RAISED (ME—ZENYATTA—A HORSE) $53,332.50 for this amazing cause.
Tomorrow morning, Breeders’ Cup is going to offer a travel package to the 2011 World Championship Races which will again take place at Churchill Downs. It is for the ‘DON’T GIVE UP ESPYS V FOUNDATION AUCTION’. This will take place on ESPN RADIO and ESPN2..during the “MIKE and MIKE in the Morning” program.
The winner also gets an EXCLUSIVE ZENYATTA VISIT! (That’s the part I am contributing to this.) As I’m now IN FOAL, I obviously will not be physically participating in the Breeders’ Cup Races this year…but I will truly be there in heart, soul and spirit!
I want to do MY PART to help in any way I possibly can.
Per the Breeders’ Cup official announcement, fans may bid on the package or donate to the cause by calling 1-800-4JIMMYV.
Bidding on this particular auction package will be offered from 6 to 7 a.m. ET. (To my west coast friends…I am so sorry it is this early in the morning for you!)
This package, that one may bid on during the aforementioned time frame, includes all of the following:
1) Two (2) tickets in the exclusive Trophy Lounge at the Breeders’ Cup World Championships on Friday and Saturday, November 4th and November 5th, 2011 at Churchill Downs, Kentucky
2) One (1) hotel room for three (3) nights over Breeders’ Cup weekend at an Official Breeders’ Cup Hotel
3) Access to an Official Hospitality Center at a host hotel
4) Transportation to and from the track on Friday and Saturday
5) Two (2) tickets to the Winner’s Circle Welcome Party on Thursday, November 3rd
6) Two (2) tickets to the Finish Line Celebration on Saturday, November 5th after the races
7) Exclusive: “Meet and Greet” with 2010 Horse of the Year, ZENYATTA, at Lane’s End Farm. (That’s ME!)
The funds received on the winning bid for this will go directly to the V FOUNDATION for Cancer Research.
Please note: The wording for these 7 listings for the package were taken directly from the BREEDERS’ CUP OFFICIAL announcement which was sent to Dottie yesterday by Jim Gluckson of the Breeders’ Cup.
HOOVES CROSSED that this auction item and all of the others can in some way make a significant contribution to further research and progress in our quest to fight cancer.
Hugs to ALL~
PS—Dottie was at Santa Anita yesterday morning for workouts and she wanted ME to let you know that Barry Abrams was at Clockers’ Corner. He speaks in a whisper, is texting and emailing often, but looks wonderful. To think, his procedure was only one week ago today is amazing. She told him that I’d wished him great BLESSINGS in the Diary….and how all of you expressed concern. (Per Dottie, he even BLUSHED a bit as she told him this. Hearing this, WE think, certainly touched him.) Barry wanted ME to tell all of you that your kind thoughts, prayers, and best wishes are greatly appreciated.
From ME to YOU…THANK YOU!